About The Role
This is a key hire to our Software Sales team who will be responsible for building relationships with new and existing customers for our software technology products and closing sales. The role entails combining 1) superior relationship building and consultative sales skills with 2) insights from data and analysis, to drive revenue for the organization.
While this role will work independently in managing their individual customer relationships, we expect this person to also be a key contributor to the overall success of the sales team at Texada Software, and driving innovation for the company as a whole.
- Identify, approach, and initiate business relationships with companies where we can add value through the technology products and services that Texada Software provides.
- Cultivate and respond to marketing leads, and identify new lead gen opportunities
- Utilizing a consultative selling process to uncover opportunities, perform business case analysis, identify key decision makers, present and demonstrate products (engaging additional resources when applicable), write and pitch project proposals, and close deals.
- Become an expert on the industries in which we serve, Construction Asset Management, Field Service, and others – knowing the landscape across North America and Asia-Pacific and identifying areas where we can become industry partners.
- Continuously strive for bigger “wallet share” - to become a bigger supplier and closer partner with accounts after they have opened.
- Utilize data effectively to understand current markets, identifying opportunities to better service accounts.
- Utilize CRM and other tools to track key metrics, aiding in decision making and resource allocation
- Provide robust forecasting for current and new accounts, to aid in decision-making and resource allocation of organization.
- Become a primary contributor and leader in strategic thinking and discussion on sales initiatives
Because this is a key hire for the organization, we are looking for someone unique and special – who will help bring in new customers to Texada Software, and ensure that they are delighted with our technology. Below are some qualifications and characteristics we are looking for:
- You have experience and success selling software in the technology industry
- You are foremost a people person. You love interacting with people – and people love interacting with you. “Selling” is about more than business to you – it’s about building a mutually positive and beneficial relationship, and leaving behind a customer that is happy to be working with you and the company you represent
- You are someone with a curiosity to learn. When something has always been done a certain way, you wonder why nobody has begun to do it differently
- You are someone who refuses to believe “no, we can’t do that” is an acceptable answer to a question, and inspire eye rolling from to how much you ask the question “why not” of your colleagues
- You are seeking a highly collaborative and team-oriented culture. You go out of your way to help your colleagues, in the effort to help them and the organization as a whole – even when it means that you might be spending less time generating business.
- You have a good amount of sales and business development experience – but are looking to join a different kind of company that values people, has a positive culture, and one where you can make a tangible difference. You might not have a background in the asset management or rental industry – but you are curious to learn more.
- You believe that information and data is essential to helping you better identify potential customers, and better building relationships with existing ones.
- You are highly entrepreneurial and thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance. You embrace the unknown, thrive in ambiguity, and aren’t too nervous when you don’t have all the details. But you like some direction.
- You’re looking for a competitive salary, commission incentive, comprehensive benefits, financial opportunity to participate in the success of the company, a positive work environment, and an opportunity to make an impact.
We prefer candidates local to Ontario but we will consider remote candidates. This job will require frequent travel across North America and possibly in other international regions to meet with customers.